Defend the Brooks Range (DBR) is a project of Nationals Parks Conservation Association and partners.
Changes to this Policy
We may change any part of this policy, without any separate notice to users. The current policy will always be posted here. We will not change the purpose of this policy, which is to protect your privacy consistent with our goals as a non-profit membership and advocacy organization dedicated to protecting America’s national parks.
Personal Information Collected
We collect personal information when you choose to provide it to us including your name, mailing address, email address, payment card information, and other information that you choose to provide. For example, when you choose to make a contribution to DBR, we need to know your name and mailing address. For online contributions, we also need to know your email address and payment card information. We may use the information that you provide or that we otherwise collect for any lawful purpose, such as to provide the services and communications that you request.
When you use our website or interact with our email, we (or our third-party partners as described below) may automatically collect certain technical information including your IP address and other device identifiers, information about your visit and use of the website, and information about your device. We (or our partners) gather this data using cookies, pixels and similar technologies so we can understand user needs and personalize their experience on our website. Cookies are pieces of information that are stored on your computer to make visiting and using our website easier. Cookies also help us improve your experience on www.defendbrooksrange.org
DBR does not sell or rent our email list to other entities for them to contact you.
Registered subscribers can remove their names from our email list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of every email message. You can also request to be removed from our email list by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address and your email address that we send our messages to so we can expedite your request.
Mobile Phone Numbers
DBR, nor NPCA does not sell or rent the mobile phone numbers of our subscribers to other entities for them to contact you. You can also request to be removed from our mobile messaging list by contacting us at email@example.com. Please include your name, address and your mobile phone number that we send our messages to so we can expedite your request.
Information Collected or Provided by Third Parties
We may obtain additional information (including personal information) about you from third parties, or allow third parties to collect information (including personal information), as described below. The third parties that collect information on our website may also collect information about your visits to other websites and online services over time.
- Information from Third Parties. We may sometimes collect information about you from third parties we work with or through publicly available sources. We may combine that information with other information we collect through the website or that you voluntarily provide or authorize us to obtain. We do not have any control over the third parties that provide us with your information, including how they collect, process or disclose your personal information.
- Device Information. We may use third parties to collect information about the device you use to visit the site, including device identifiers, device type, and operating system, if your device settings allow it.
- Payment Transaction Information. If you donate online, your payment card information is processed by our service providers, which provide us with limited information about your donation.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographics from third parties. We may combine this with other information we have about you.
- Google Analytics. Among these services, NPCA uses Google Analytics to provide analytics services on our website. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our website, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
In addition to sharing personal information for specific purposes as described in other sections of this policy, we may share your personal information with:
- With our affiliates (including the National Parks Action Fund as described above), which may use and share your information under their own privacy policies;
- Any other service providers or agents that perform activities on our behalf, including vendors used for processing donations;
- As part of a sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or as we deem necessary to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
This website includes a section where visitors may submit a story for posting. Please be aware that the information you provide in these submitted stories may become available to the general public.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated, or any other technical information, without limitation.
NPCA, DBR does not host third-party advertising on its website. However, we do sometimes promote our corporate partners by including links to their websites and information about them on our website. DBR, NPCA is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these linked sites.
Links to Other Sites
As a service to our visitors, we sometimes provide links to other websites. A link does not denote an endorsement of those websites and DBR, NPCA is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those sites.
Our website may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins”, such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with social media features on the website, those social media companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party social media companies and the use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the social media companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any social media accounts you create and use.
Security of Information
NPCA collects certain necessary financial information (e.g., debit or credit card number) when you make an online donation or purchase, join NPCA, or renew your membership.
Our website has reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss or misuse of your financial information and other personal information. For example, your personal and payment card information are encrypted by SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) and your payment card information is protected in an encrypted environment that adheres to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Your Choices and Contacting Us
Please see above for the choices that may be available to you related to interest-based advertising.
If you do not wish to receive mail or email communications from NPCA, please let us know. Additionally, NPCA may terminate subscriptions of individuals who use profanity, hate speech or other inappropriate language in communications with us.
To opt out or make changes to your communications preferences, please use one of the options below, and be sure to include your NPCA membership number if applicable and your name, address and email address to help expedite your request.
- Click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email message.
- Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org